Hi All

I recentley aquired a complete battery kit for the K2 off of Ebay.
The kit had been purchased by the seller but never built and came
complete with the Powersonic PS-1229 battery.

Now here's the rub.  The battery must have been sat for sometime
and now refuses to charge.  After 16hrs of charge the PD across the
terminals is 10.5Volt and when the K2 is switched on the terminal
voltage drops to about 3.5Volt.  I have charged it from a PSU supplying
14.1Volt.

I'm trying to find a supplier in the UK as I expect shipping from Elecraft
direct will be a bit high, my order last week for a speaker and some screws
notched up a  whopping $28 shipping bill. The likes of RS have it listed but
discontinued and I expect Powersonic UK will only be interested in multiple
orders, I have emailed them anyway.

I know that there are cheaper Yuasa NP2.1-12 (2.1Ah) batteries but these
are apparently spec'd for standby use for Alarm units and such, other than
that
the largest capacity I can find is 2.3Ah. Would the 0.6Ah difference make
a difference??

If anyone in the UK uses their K2 with an internal battery what would
your recommendations be.

Regards

Nidge (G0NIG)

IO93dv