Steve,

The answer to your question involves a discussion about how the K2
handles control of the power output level - in all cases, it tries to
measure the actual power output and the microprocessor controls the
drive level early in the transmit chain to achieve the power output
requested by the power knob.

Just as information about what is happening with that "RF Sensitivity"
problem is that *if* some of the VHF/UHF energy appears on the K60XV TX
output.  That condition causes the RF detector on the K60XV to produce
an output on the VRFDET line in the K2 (the detector is not frequency
selective - it is just a diode, similar to an RF probe) - the result of
all that is the K2 microprocessor ends up receiving a signal telling it
that there is too much power at the TX output, and the microprocessor
dutifully reduces the power.

The simple low pass filter is just as effective at curing that condition
as a unity gain buffer stage would be.

The ideal solution would be to modify the transverter so that none of
its output frequency energy appears on the input cable, but that is not
realistic in some situations - it all depends on the transverter.

73,
Don W3FPR