On 11/8/2011 3:24 PM, Randy Hall wrote:

> You guys should grab the P3's display and post the pictures.

OK.  www.foothill.net/~andreaj/WWV_7KHz.bmp  This is a 7KHz span with
the marker on the first sideband [high side].  You can see the 2nd and
3rd harmonics, and maybe the 4th although that might just be noise.

www.foothill.net/~andreaj/WWV_100Hz.bmp  This is the carrier at a span
on 2 KHz.  The marker is at 100 Hz which is the IRIG-H subcarrier.  The
peak between it and the carrier comes and goes and I guess is the
sideband from the time code modulation [actually, I just made that up, I
really don't know]

www.foothill.net/~andreaj/WWV_1KHz_beep is the 1 KHz beep at the start
of each minute.  The marker is at 500 Hz above the carrier.  My baseline
was wandering just a little when I snapped the screenshot, sorry.

WWV 10 MHz was running fairly steady at 10 over S9, some QSB.  On CW,
with DSP at 50 Hz, I can tune to each of the sidebands and their
amplitude on the S-meter relative to the carrier sort of matches the P3
display ... this is a moving target, it's hard to be exact.

Explanation welcome, guesses will be added to the growing list.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2012 Cal QSO Party 6-7 Oct 2012
- www.cqp.org