Fred,

Having gone partially through this process recently, I would vouch for Don's
recommendation that you do first what most adds to your desired operating
capabilities.  I would add only one small caveat though - the KAT2
installation requires removal of the heat sink portion of the bottom cover
if you did not install its connector on the RF board when you built the K2,
whereas the other options you listed do not require the heat sink removal.
As you may know from reading this forum, hasty removal of the heat sink
cover will cause the PA transistor mounting hardware and shoulder washers to
fall out.  I installed a K160RX module along with a KAT2 module while I had
the heat sink removed, but I postponed the installation of other already
built options for those snow days to come.  Do be sure to carefully re-seat
the heat sink cover and check the PA transistors for short circuits as
directed in the K2 manual after re-assembly.

73, Mike K8CN