I recently installed the KBT2 internal battery kit in my K2. I bought this kit
from a ham in Australia who had installed it in his K2 and later removed it.
Consequently, it had been all assembled prior to my receiving it. I had only to
move the various components to my existing cover, mount the connector jack on
the main circuit board and plug everything in. I charged the battery overnight
and read a voltage of 12.5V the next morning. I then removed the external power
supply and turned the K2 on. With the backlight turned off (LCD = Day) and the
AF gain at 33% volume, the battery voltage dropped from 12.5 volts to 9.3 volts
in four hours.

After receiving the kit, I left it on my shelf for almost a year before doing
anything with it. When I finished installing it in my K2 a couple days ago, the
battery voltage was 8.9 volts before I charged it up. Given the relatively rapid
rate at which the battery seems to have been depleted, I am wondering if sitting
on the shelf for a year at a charge below 10 volts has ruined the battery.
Should I assume it has and just buy a replacement battery?

73,
Charlie
N1AOK