Ok you are asking for it... in 1956 or about, I got a two transistor
multi-kit, very expensive at the time for Christmas.  That was after my
Elmer who built great stuff and was 2 years older took me under his wing.  I
was ~ 11 at the time. Whatever you do, solder something and make it work!

73,
Bill
K9YEQ