On 11/24/2011 5:36 AM, Mike K2MK wrote:
> My tip is to assign the FIXTRACK operation to a function key. When the FN
> key is pressed the mode changes from FIXED to TRACKING and the VFO-A cursor
> (and the station of interest) jump to center screen. Later, a quick push of
> the same FN button returns the P3 to FIXED TUNE mode.

As you have noted, the solution is to assign the FixTrack On/Off toggle
key to the faxt push of a soft key. But you do NOT have to wait for the
second push to recenter the display -- you can simply hit the key twice
in quick succession and the display will be recentered with FixTrack on.

I LOVE the FixTrack option, with Averaging set for maximum, and that's
almost all I use during normal operation.  I also assign the Peak
function to the fast push of a soft key, and toggle it on and off to
look at the bandwidth of individual signals.  In doing so, one will
quickly get really disgusted with those hams producing the very dirty ones.

73, Jim K9YC