Well, I wanted to change the bridge diodes in the KPA 100 cause I was getting
some wierd readings and hi swr readings so I decided to upgrade it while I had
it apart.  I did the whole upgrade and now as soon as I put it in high power,
even at only 15 watts, I get PA HOT readings.  I have checked all the parts
values twice and did the calibration again including the C6 adjust, the r26 and
27 adjusts and even pulled the finals to make sure they weren't shorted or
anything.  Q3 and Q4 seem fine and are not cracked.  The voltages seem to be
fine and I readjusted R6 bias as per book.  Whats wierd is as soon as I hit the
key, even at 15 watts the fan comes on with the keying.  A dot gives a short
fan wiggle and an dash gives a loneger fan activation.  Eventually it comes on
and then I get the PA HOT.  The fan even responds to my voice on SSB.  I mean
it comes on almost instantly.  I have checked the archives and am starting to
suspect the finals.  I put on new pads on the transisto
 rs and checked it all twice.  Resoldered all connections.  All works fine at
10 watts.  Im sure Im missing something but I dont seem to be able to find it.
Any ideas where I can check before I order new finals and go through that work
again.  Thanks  MarkN5MF