Mark,

I don't think the finals are the problem.  I would check Q3 for good
soldering and the value and soldering of R5 - make certain you used the
1k trimmer at R6 rather than the 100k trimmers for R26 and R27.
The soldering at U1 pin 5 should also be checked, and be certain U1 pin
5 is not bent under the socket or sticking out the side.  Make certain
there is 5 volts on one end of R5 - if not, find out why.

The temperature of the heatsink is sensed by the conduction through Q3
from the base to the emitter (and collector),  that resulting voltage is
sent to U1 pin 5 for calculation by the firmware  - it has nothing to do
with the actual PA transistors, just the temperature of the heatsink at
the Q3 location.

73,
Don W3FPR