I'm moving on to the final alignment of my KAT100-2/KPA100 in an EC2 enclosure
… split from a stock K2 …

So far, so good. Some of the testing and alignment steps are confusing since
the construction assumes one wants to build the KPA100 in the K2 body. And,
since I did not put a speaker into the EC2.

That said, I'm confused about the best measuring points for the bias current
adjustment step on page 50 of Appendix G, Rev H KPA100 construction manual
dated Sept, 2011.

I'm trying to envision exactly where to clip the probes of my DMM. I could clip
the positive (red) lead to the red lead at the back of the power supply. Then
the black (negative) lead to the red (+) J3 connector ???? That seems to be in
parallel with the positive lead of the power cable … and the instructions
clearly state in series … so, I am confused as to the best two locations to put
the test leads.

After getting to this point, I would hate to goof and let magic smoke out of
the radio.

Thanks in advance.

gene
WG7GW