From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Eugene Worth
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 6:39 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] KPQ100 bias adjustment

I'm moving on to the final alignment of my KAT100-2/KPA100 in an EC2
enclosure . split from a stock K2 .

So far, so good. Some of the testing and alignment steps are confusing since
the construction assumes one wants to build the KPA100 in the K2 body. And,
since I did not put a speaker into the EC2.

That said, I'm confused about the best measuring points for the bias current
adjustment step on page 50 of Appendix G, Rev H KPA100 construction manual
dated Sept, 2011.

I'm trying to envision exactly where to clip the probes of my DMM. I could
clip the positive (red) lead to the red lead at the back of the power
supply. Then the black (negative) lead to the red (+) J3 connector ???? That
seems to be in parallel with the positive lead of the power cable . and the
instructions clearly state in series . so, I am confused as to the best two
locations to put the test leads.

After getting to this point, I would hate to goof and let magic smoke out of
the radio.

Thanks in advance.

gene
WG7GW