Thanks Jack for that additional information and caution.

I believe that is an accuracy limitation for the probe specs, and not a
probe damage rating.

I routinely leave my 'scope probe connected to the dummy load at the
workbench and it is subjected routinely to powers up to 180 watts.

I use the RF voltage across the dummy load to accurately assess the
power output of the KX1, K1 and K2/10 transceivers that I repair.  At
higher power levels, I use the LP-200 wattmeter which has been
calibrated at the 20 watt and the 80 watt levels to make quick decisions
on the power output of a transmitter.  If I want a quick indication, I
just look at the LP-200.  It is one of the digital wattmeters that is
good to within better than 10% of the actual reading (it is better than
5% at the 20 and 80 watt calibration points).  If I need greater
accuracy or NIST traceability, I invoke the LP-100 which Larry (N8LP)
has calibrated with his NIST traceable standards.  I use that wattmeter
as the "master" for calibrating all the others at higher power, but at
low power levels, I rely on the 'scope peak to peak readings and my 1%
50 ohm dummy load and punch the buttons on my calculator.  With this
combination of tools, I can commit to better than 5% accuracy in power
measurement over the 1 to 100 watt range.

I also have accurate power measurement capability for low levels (-75
dBm through 100 watts), with the W7ZOI Power meter,  but that is a
different subject - if anyone is interested, contact me off-list.

73.
Don W3FPR