Advice I read years back cautioned to stay away from the foam dielectric
300 Ohm ribbon lead.  The solid dielectric handles more power and
doesn't get water contamination in the dielectric.

How does modeling with 450 Ohm window lead work out?  That would suggest
a 9:1 balun.  The reason I ask is because I built a double Zepp type
antenna in the early '90s and fed it with 300 Ohm ribbon lead from the
doublet to the shack.  There was a noteable performance increase when the
wind took it down and I used 450 Ohm window lead instead.  Also, the 450
Ohm window lead has proven very rugged for me.  The doublet has been up
at three different QTHs and is almost 20 years old.

73, de Nate N0NB >>