Wayne-

I am a bit embarrassed about something that just happened in my shack because i
think i just blew up my external 6m preamp.

I was putting in line my six meter preamp and using a db15 Y connector with my
Yaesu Quadra amp on the other connector. I was not transmitting and just
getting it connected and then I heard a super loud pop.

I disconnected eveything and then tested the transceiver and the amp.  The K3
is fine but the amp was locked. I turned off the amp and restarted it and and
it was fine.  I reconnected the preamp and put the antenna in direct line with
the K3 disconnecting it from the amp. The preamp when energizes reduces the
signal strength. I think the pop came from the preamp. It is hard for me to
isolate the noise source because I had my headset on. For sure it was working
for about 20 seconds and then the pop occurred. It scared my dogs and myself it
was so loud.

I am not sure how I can test the preamp to see if it indeed blown. Any thoughts
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith
AG6AZ