May not have been your radio at all, but instead might have been a
"surge protected" multiple AC outlet box.  I have a few Tripp-Lite
"Isobar" outlet boxes, and if they "catch" a surge, they will make a
VERY loud bang!  Fooled me for a while until I figured out what was
happening.  Sounds like some has let off a .22 rifle shot under the
operating bench. Dissipating the energy from a big surge take some
doing, and the result is often a very loud bang. Might that have been
what you heard?

- Jim, KL7CC