The good news is that I'm close to having a second TX/RX antenna (hexbeam)
to add to my dipole and a K9AY RX antenna mainly for 80/160 but also for
whatever diversity uses I can get when using the main antennas. I have KAT3
and KXV3a. The bad news is I'm a bit confused and could use some
help/review.

My "dipole" is switchable between dipole (20m-40m) and a hatted vertical
configuration (80, 160). The hexbeam is for 20-6m.

My plan is to have the "dipole" connected to ANT1 and the HB connected to
ANT2. The dipole has a remote tuner so the coax from the tuner to the shack
is always ~1:1 SWR.

>From repeated readings of the K3 manual, ANT1/2 for main selects the TX ANT
always. It also selects the receiving ant for the main *unless* RX is
selected in which case the main receiver would listen to my K9AY connected
to that jack. So selecting ANT1 for dipole and RX would be the setup for
80/160.

Now if I want diversity I want the K9AY to feed the subrx while the main
gets either dipole or HB. For this it looks like I need to move the antenna
connection on the rear panel to the AUX RF input. I'd only be using
diversity on 40-10 since both my 80/160 and K9AY are both vertically
polarized.

I didn't see a way to have a RX ant and diversity without moving the BNC
antenna among the back panel AUX and RX connectors.

Do I have this right?

Thanks

Jim ab3cv