> As a followup it looks like I could add a relay driven by DIGOUT1 to
> do the AUX/RX coax switching. Is that correct?

Why bother?  The K9AY is designed as a low noise (directive, noise
reducing) antenna for 160-40 meters.  It us not likely to provide any
advantage - even as a diversity antenna - on the high bands (20-10).

Rather than dealing with a relay and external programming, simply build
a splitter (http://cliftonlaboratories.com/z10050a_3_db_hybrid.htm) and
connect outputs to both the RX Ant and Aux jacks.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV