Hello!
I'm a complete newby when it comes to ham radio.  Got my tech license
a couple of weeks ago and I'm now studying for the General class exam.
 I thought building the K3 would be a good educational experience for
me.

I just finished assembly and all went well.  I've had an excellent
experience so far.  But I'm stuck at the reference oscillator
calibration stage.

I don't have a frequency counter, though I suppose I could purchase
one.  I've tried hitting the frequencies for WWV but I'm not picking
anything up.  Of course, I don't have an antenna yet as the manual did
not mention it as being a required piece of equipment.  I'm short on
radio sense, I think. I have one on order,  but it has not yet
arrived.  I was hoping to have the K3 calibrated and then begin
dealing with the antenna setup.

Is there any other way of calibrating the ref oscillator?  Can it be
done online with the KUSB?    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help,

Jay