Subject:        Re: [Elecraft] KX3 Display LEDs
Date:   Tue, 03 Jan 2012 00:20:09 -0500
From:   Don Wilhelm <w3...@embarqmail.com>
To:     elecraft@mailman.qth.net

Unfortunately, one has to be cautious of common "technical slang" in an
international community.  Yes, common in US machinist's talk is for a
'mil' to equal 0.001 inch.  I am not certain of the origin and even
though I looked it up at Wikipedia, I still don't have any answer to why
'thou' is equal to 'mil' (even though I use and understand that unit
myself).

73,
Don W3FPR