On 1/6/2012 1:06 PM, kevinr wrote:
> http://htwins.net/scale/index.html
>
> Find mil at the 25 um size range.  (2.5 times 10 to the -5th meters)
>
> Zoom from the quantum foam to past the edge of the universe.

It's an impressive representation for sure.  The size of the observable
universe today is given as roughly 14 billion light-years in the next to
last image.

The Big One was about 14 billion years ago, so it's an understandable
error ... a photon from that moment would have been traveling for 14
billion years before it found us.  There actually were no free photons
right after the Big Bang, they appeared 300,000 or 400,000 years later,
but close enough out of 14,000,000,000.

However, in that time, the space between us and where that photon
started has expanded about 3.3 times, so today the visible edge of the
universe is about 47 billion light-years away, give or take a billion or
so.  Who knows how many new DXCC entities lie out there and only the the
US National Budget uses numbers larger than these.

> I had never heard of yottameters before   :)

Me neither.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2012 Cal QSO Party 6-7 Oct 2012
- www.cqp.org