Guy,

Thanks for not ignoring my problem any more and lending a hand :-)

Answers to your 1) 2) 3) 4) questions below...
On Jan 13, 2012, at 11:09 AM, Guy Olinger K2AV wrote:

> I've been ignoring this thread, but your last post piqued my interest.
>
> Several questions require answers before I can go on.  Just note that while
> we tend to concentrate on the last new thing, the "workbench" and instruments
> and their connections have far too often been the entire problem.  You would
> CERTAINLY NOT be the first, nor the last, to suffer from this as some issues
> are ghastly subtle.
>
> 1) What frequency is the hum.

Well, I am not good at guessing the frequency but it does sound like AC power
type hum, maybe a little higher but I am just guessing.

> 2) By what means are you detecting the hum?  Speaker?  Line out to spectral
> audio program or some such on the Macbook?  Other means?  Other means,
> describe the method and connections in boring detail. It is critically
> important to precisely understand the means of measurement.

Hum is detected in all (I repeat ALL) audio outputs.   These include my West
Mountain COMspkr, and it includes the internal K3 speaker when the COMspkr is
unplugged, and it includes my Yamaha CM500 headphones.

It does not include my Macbook though -- I do not use my computers with the
computer in any fashion (no DATA, no Audio, no speaker use, no application
programs except for the K3, P3, and KPA500 utility programs).

> 3) If detecting the hum on the Macbook, what level is the hum?

Not detected on Macbook -- Macbook is 8 feet away and not connected to rigs in
any way.

> 4) If detecting the hum on the Macbook, describe the connection between the
> K3 and the Macbook in boring detail.

See above.