-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe Squarzini
Sent: 17 July 2005 18:30
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] KNB2 Performance

I too have found the KNB2 lacking in most real world noise situations. I
even built a second one. Yes, when you scratch Q22 it works. However, that
is irrelevant. Most impulse noise on the air in my area slips right
through. Compared to the FT1000 and FT736R it is a poor third. Time to
redesign it. Make it plug compatible and you'll sell many. My order for
KNB2-2 stands.  Joe K4AA

Joe Squarzini, Jr.
688 Rossmore Ct.
Great Falls, VA 22066