Perhaps one of the design wizards that reads this list could come up with
something like this http://www.ussc.com/~turner/syn_blank.html adapted for HF
and the K2.

My guess is that noise blanker effectiveness is directly related to the
characteristics of the noise. One blanker's design specs are effective on
noise with certain pulse widths and levels, whereas another noise blanker
works well on eliminating noise with a different pulse width and level. This
is why one rig's noise blanker works well at one QTH, but the same rig is
ineffective on the noise at another QTH. Also some locations are plagued with
more than one noise source, each source having quite different
characteristics. Now a truly variable multistage noise blanker would be
wonderful, but I suspect hard to design and costly to build.

I know that this is way beyond my capabilities. But I would build one if
someone could design and publish the details. A kit would be even better. :-)

Darrell

--
Darrell Bellerive
Amateur Radio Stations VA7TO and VE7CLA