I would not be a bit surprised to see that done *if* the FCC doesn't decide
your Amateur License is being used for business purposes.

Since US Hams are allowed to operate any equipment they choose at any
location within the jurisdiction of the FCC, it would seem proper for them
to use their own call signs when using such a service. That is, the
"assigned" call mentioned in Part 97.119 (a) refers to the person in control
of the transmitter, not the person who owns it.

After all, if I took a trip and had someone house-sit for me who was a Ham,
it would not be proper for him to use my call if he operated the station at
my home. Instead, it would be just the same as if he had brought his own
equipment and erected his own antenna. I believe my responsibility would be
to ensure he was licensed before granting access to my station equipment.

The idea might produce yet another round of questions and rule-making.

And that keeps the lawyers busy, Hi!

73,

Ron AC7AC