From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net]On Behalf Of Alan Bloom
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:30 PM
To: Vic K2VCO
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 (another view)

Very true.  But even 6 dB would not make a big difference for a
rag-chewer or a casual contester.  Even for a fairly serious DXer, being
in the right place at the right time and having superior operating
skills are more important than an S-unit of signal strength.

The place where the best possible signal is really essential is for a
world-class contest station.  Those guys agonize over every fraction of
a dB of feedline loss.

Alan N1AL