From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Gary K9GS
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:49 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 spurious radiation?

I've seen this happen before and it has also happened to me.  Once I was
on the low end of 40M and the W3LPL skimmer spotted me just below 7100.
go figure.....

If you watch skimmer spots you'll often notice weird things showing up.
One of the JA skimmers regularly spots T2DE on 40M.  There is not, to
the best of my knowledge, a station from Tuvalu licensed at T2DE.  I've
seen other skimmers spot the same callsign when there was no way there
was a propagation path.

On 1/24/2012 7:08 AM, John/K8AZT wrote:
> I have not been monitoring this mail list much recently so I apologize if
this
> subject has been discussed previously.
>
> I like to monitor the reversebeacon.net website while calling cq or just
> monitoring looking for a qso.  Recently I have discovered a situation
which has
> me puzzled and I am hoping someone here might be able to give me some
insight
> what might be happening.
>
> When calling cq (CW) on 7.0 MHz cw,  I see several hits on the reverse
beacon
> website on 7.0 MHz, however I have also seen a couple stations allegedly
hearing
> me on 10.1 MHz (2 occurrences) and a station hearing me on 28 MHz bands (1
> occurrence).  I am hoping this is a problem with the skimmers, but want to
check
> out if there is anything which might not be right with my K3 and/or
antenna
> which might be generating unwanted radiations.  At the moment I do not
have
> exact frequencies where I was being monitored.  I just thought someone
might
> have a suggestion where do I proceed.
>
> At the moment I do not have access to a frequency analyzer, but hope I can
find
> one to borrow locally.
>
> Thank you for any suggestions/comments anyone in the reflector might have.
>
> 73,
> John/K8AZT
> K3/ SN 1693

Gary K9GS