Has he done a cold reset?

It really sounds like there is no antenna attached in that band segment.

Has he tried simply removing the antenna/dummy load connection and see
if the results are the same?
If so, then clearly the antenna choice needs to be examined.

I'd be willing to bet his K3 has an antenna tuner.

73 de Brian/K3KO