Rick,

> So the concern is with amps that switch in, let's say 30 ms, for
> example? You mean the 20 ms setting is still too fast for those
> amps?

No, the problem is with straight key or an external keyer.  TX
Delay delays the onset of RF by the correct 8 - 20 ms but it does
not also delay the entire incoming CW so the elements get truncated.
This may not be an issue for those who are not using QSK but with
QSK the CW elements are truncated.

One solution is to use a keyer like the K1EL WinKey that permits
adding a fixed length to the elements to compensate for the K3's
"bit clipping".  However, the proper solution would be for the K3
to extend each element by the length of TX Delay when in QSK and
extend the initial element by TX Delay when in semi-break in.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV