Igor,

I understand your situation, but the application of PTT does not produce
any RF - nothing will hot switch.
When you "hit the key" (or for SSB begin talking), then RF is produced.
If you arrange your switching to be accomplished by either the PTT or
the K3 KEYOUT, and leave the K3 in non-VOX state, there is no need to
increase TX DLY to any other than the 8 ms default value and therefore
no shortening of CW elements.

73,
Don W3FPR