OK, this is OT, sort of. It will be connected to my K3 so..

I just bought a remote mast mounted antenna switch (Ameritron RSC-8V). It comes
with the center conductor electrically floating when the port is OFF. It seems
to me I would be better off (safer) if the center conductor was grounded (or
had a gas discharge tube or choke or resistor or??? when OFF.

What do ya think?

One thing is for darn sure, I am going to paint the cruddy polystyrene box and
steel brackets (with "Rust Bullet"  FYI), clean off the flux and coat the PC
board before it sees the costal weather! Caulking will be in order also. Salty
rain and spray are nasty even 5 miles in.

 73,

Clint

KI6SSN