Clint,

Not OT at all.  Many remote antenna switches do it "the easy way", and
use SPST relays to switch in the selected antenna - there is no way with
that type relay to ground the antennas that are not currently selected.

So yes, some type of static discharge device would be beneficial across
each antenna connector to bleed off static.  Usually a 100 uHy choke (of
sufficient current capacity for your power level) or a 2 or 3 watt
carbon resistor in the range of 3000 to 30,000 ohms will provide the DC
path to bleed off any static charge.

Imagine your antenna with a static charge - then you select that antenna
- suddenly your transceiver is subjected to whatever charge was on the
antenna.  Sometimes OK, but other times, not so good.

73,
Don W3FPR