That's cheating! (They light up at night). Try some embedded Tx in the
daytime!

Oops, wrong thread.

You want to pick a range that nearly fills the screen. The 10x position on
your probe will load the test circuit less, so use it if you can. After
getting the trigger to work right (or just try Auto or let it run free),
adjust the vertical gain to almost fill the screen.

Use the vertical position to align the bottom of the trace with a line on
the reticle, and count the divisions to the top of the trace. Centering the
display seems more normal, but then the accuracy is lessened (in my opinion)
by nearly half. You can always center it and read off half the peak-to-peak
divisions.

Multiply divisions by the Vertical Amp setting (and by 10 if using the 10x
probe setting) and there you are.

You might give us some more info on what is specifically bugging you.
Trigger? Display size? Be sure the cal function shows nice clean square
waves. There's usually a compensating cap on the probe that can really skew
the look of the calibration signal. Adjust it for nice square traces. I
guess I could set up some tests and photograph my scope and settings for
you. Name a test point, expected voltage, and I can try to demonstrate what
I'd do. Make it something generic tho, I've only a K2 (like base of a driver
or some data line of a uProcessor. If you ask nice, maybe some
'scope-enabled K1 owner will help!

Dan / WG4S / K2 #2456 / Tek 465

PS: If you think an ILS is hard, try pushing a Mooney into a tight hangar
with one of those battery powered nosewheel pusher thingies.

<snip>
it is easier to fly airplanes on instruments in thunderstorms at night than
it is to figure out how to measure voltages using an oscilloscope.
</snip>