Ci:

I have done both in my life time and I'll take the O'scope problem any day...LOL You need to set the scope in the auto trigger mode and adjust the sweep speed to a speed that will show you pretty much a solid wide band across the screen when connected to the test point. You need to adjust the input attenuator to the expected voltage range and then measure the nimber of divisions the wide bad covers on the screen. It is easy to do if you set the bottom of the band to a large line and then read how many large boxes it covers and what part of another. Then take that number and multiply it times the volt/div setting on the input attenuator scale. You can reduce the attenuator to produce the largest display without filling the screen completely...The result will be the Peak to Peak voltage of the signal at that point. It really helps if you have another unit that is working that you can compare signals with. One other note some probes are attenuated by 10 times if this is the case you need to multiply the first product by 10... At least while using the ocsope the windshield is not covered with St. Elmo's Fire....LOL

73

Jim K4ZM