Ian -

I have been watching product developments

I this power/automatic operation category:

Palstar HF-AUTO

http://www.palstar.com/hf-auto.php

RF Concepts/Alpha 4040 Automatic Tuner

http://www.rfconcepts.com/PRODUCTS/New-Products/Alpha4040

E-Z Tuner - Jim Garland, W8ZR

(2002 QST article and ARRL Handbooks)

http://www.w8zr.net/eztuner/index.htm

I made a suggestion to Steve at RF Concepts, a couple of years ago,

when RF Concepts was planning a high-power HF automatic tuner.

They needed to incorporate more uProcessor/controller power (since W8ZR
Basic Stamp)

in their planned offering, since the state-of-art has progressed since 2002.

They did, using Linux kernel with the Beagleboard XM

The Palstar and RF Concepts/Alpha offerings are INDOOR tuners.

I have a preference to have the tuner outdoors at the antennas

or feedpoints (like commercial broadcasters).

==

IF Wayne, N6NR is coming to Dayton -

it would be nice to SEE one of the KAT500 prototypes

==

Greg, w9gb