Dennis,

It sounds like you need to turn the manual to the Transmit Signal
Tracing section in the back of the manual.
Once you isolate the failure to a specific stage, we can help you
isolate to the component level.
Right now, all we can say is that there is a problem somewhere in the
transmit path.
You might want to check for soldering problems, unsoldered components or
those where the solder did not flow out adequately onto both the
component lead and the thru-plated hole.  Re-flow the soldering with a
hot soldering iron - 750 degF if you used leaded solder, 800 degF if you
used unleaded solder.

73,
Don W3FPR