OK, I assumed that tweaking the trimmers on the filter board would just move
the power out small bits.  such as if you have the power out set at P2.0, the
trimmers would tune between P1.7 and maybe P2.3.  I want in and starting
adjusting them, and I get power out now in the right ranges, and fact I can
trim them for much higher than what I set the power for.  I'll go back and read
the ALC stuff tonight, and make sure I understand it.

Should I adjust the trimmers for max output, or to what I set the power out to
be with the menu?

73,

Denny - KI3F

On Mar 1, 2012, at 6:12 AM, Dennis Rayfield <ki3f...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Don,
>
> Thanks for your questions and helping me work through this.  The RF voltages
> I'm seeing are (on 30 M) are:
>
> PRE -   .068
> ATTN - .023
> OSC -   .014
> MIX -    .105
> BUF -  1.37
> TR1 -    .62
> BPF -    .076
>
> The DC voltages on page 46 were all within the ranges indicated.
>
> The output power in tune show P0.1 on all bands except 15M, there it moves up
> to P0.3 and stops there.  I'll check the RF voltages at all points on all
> bands tonight after work...
>
> 73,
>
> Denny
>

> On Feb 29, 2012, at 10:17 PM, Don Wilhelm <w3...@embarqmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Denny,
>>
>> Tell us more - what band, and what
>> rf voltage are you reading at the Transmit mixer output (pin 4)  How
>> about th DC voltages?
>>
>> 73.
>> Don W3FPR
>>
>> On 2/29/2012 10:04 PM, Dennis Rayfield wrote:
>>> I've build an RF Probe, and worked through the transmitter signal tracing
>>> section.  All of the voltages are within range until I get to the band-pass
>>> filter.  I'm just reading .07 volts rather than the 0.5-1.0 that it should