Steve,

That method works, but beware that if the board flexes, the solder only
repair will have a tendency to fracture (solder is not as ductile as the
copper traces).  I highly recommend scraping off a small bit of the green
solder mask stuff at the cut location and lay a strand or two of bare wire
across the cut - solder the wire in place and you have a permanent repair.
And it doesn't look unsightly at all IMHO, YMMV.

73,
Don W3FPR