Bob,

If you can see a drop on the RYDATA voltage when you switch from ANT1 to
ANT2, you can chase that bit through the first shift resister - look for a
similar drop at U2 pin 18 (and U3 pin 3).  It will only drop for the change
from ANT1 to ANT2 (and not the other way 'round), and you get only one
chance to look for it after tapping the button.

The FPDATA lines communicate different data, so there is no proper
comparison between the relay control and the front panel control.

73,
Don W3FPR