Can some one please point me in the right direction?  I'm trying to
calibrate the 144XV with the reference oscillator phase lock option (ROPLL)
installed.  The symptom is simple.

When I attempt to do the (updated) frequency calibration on page 19 of the
144XV manual I get a N/A response, rather than a REFLOCK response.  I'm
tapping the "0" key many, many times.   I get "N/A" and after a short wait
it goes back to displaying the CONFIG option selected:  XV1 OFS.

I have verified the ROPLL option is installed by going through the process
detailed on pages 9 and 10 of the ROPLL manual.  The firmware install worked
fine.   I do get a "B001" response as intended to the "B" command.  The
144XV status light is well behaved, blinking only once or twice at power-up
(except when uploading firmware to it).

There appears to be conflicting information between the two manuals.  The
ROPLL manual tells me to recalibrate the XV144 on page 11 by doing
arithmetic on the K3's CONFIG: REF CAL value.   The XV144 manual, as
amended, on page 19 tells me none of that is necessary, and just to go to
CONFIG: XV1 OFS and "tap the 0 switch until you see REFLOCK on the K3's
LCD."   The arithmetic approach did not provide great calibration (about 2
kHz off at 147 mHz), so I've been trying to get the XV144 page 19
instructions to work with great frustration.

All help greatly appreciated.  Tnx/73

Gary W2CS