Good afternoon, I am a very new (receive only/studying for license)
enthusiast caught up in the excitement here and for the loaded KX3 that I
have on order. Could the group please give me some kind of idea as to
whether this purchase
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamantht/5046.html was a wise one for
this unit given that I now see it has an antenna already attached to it
(doh!).or is this 'improved'(?) antenna as good as any other (in
2012/regardless of cost) for increasing performance while still keeping the
whole package compact and portable? Thanks for any help as I'll stick with
the stock whip if this product isn't a good match and concentrate my funds
on whatever fixed base setup you guys agree on that is still portable and
most importantly the best on the market as of this year.