Hi Jim,

TNX for your suggestions on the Harris amps on my website.  I agree that they
should
have some good switching on them, and have been suggesting that people use good
coaxial relays, preferably those with an extra set of protection contats, so
the amp
is not turned on until the coax relays has switched.  They are great amps,
though,
and have fantastic protection circuitry built into them, so they are really
hard to
damage ;-) And it is nice to be able to get around a kw on 6m with only 10w of
drive!

However, my discussions recently have not been involving those big amps at
all...rather my current application is to use the KX3 on overseas 6m EME
Dxpeditions
in conjunction with the M2 6M-1000 12 pound 6m amplifier.  I greatly appreciate
all
the guidance, and I will plan to build up some sort of arrangement to key the
KX3 via
the PTT line out of the MIC connector.

VY 73, Lance

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ
(ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ)

Interested in 6m EME?  Ask me about subscribing to the Magic Band EME
page (above)!