The Zuni Loop QRP Field Day group has been an Elecraft-based effort for
some time.
One year, as I recall, it was exclusively K2s in operation.
Last summer, someone even brought his K3 up there.
The group consistently places within the top few percent in the QRP
category nationwide.

There is also something to be said for Elecraft's generosity in loaning
equipment to contest teams.
However, the same can be said for Yaesu and DXpeditions.
Bottom line:  if it didn't work, it would be a one-time effort, which is
not the case.

72/73 de Jim - AD6CW
Owner of K1 and K2, with a KX3 on order (and giving serious thought to a K3)