My radio needs are very modest for I am not a contester,

or DXer, or even one who makes a lot of contacts but I

do listen quite a bit. I do like to have a fine radio and

presently own one - the Kenwood TS-830S. I have no

intention of parting with it. As far as modes go I operate

HF primarily SSB and PSK31. I am trying to improve

my CW ability however I have a problem with CW. Just

like some people have mic fright I have CW contact fright.

I like CW but I just can't do it and enjoy it. The final bit of

information is the fact that my wife hates amateur radio,

which causes me to occasionally put my radio in storage.

I will digest all the thoughtful comments many of you made

and make my decision. Although I do operate from home,

you can see that for me perhaps getting away to the local

state park or some other place away from home might provide

me with the best operating enjoyment. Doing that would be

best accomplished with the KX3.

Dave - KO4KL