Your right John

but remember many hams were kids saving dimes from collecting old
newspapers,, 34 was in the middle
of the depression and MOPA used a lot of parts and over all considering
he is keying the xtal not a bad sounding signal
for real fun check the Antique Wireless Association OT contest,, should
be a pre 30 rig design
and using a 45 was High Power,, a 27 worked almost as good,, the power
isset to be under 10 watts
for the contest and my 80 meter Harley will chirp out of a modern rcv
bandwidth
although that really is excessive

HAR

many guys have surprisingly stable rigs with just a handful of parts
real fun is listening to guys trying to get them on frequency

Bob K3DJC