Hi Joe,

Save your money, it won't work. My understanding is that DVI is a digital
format and the SVGA card is an analog format. So while you can get cables
and and/or adapters that will fit they just won't work. I haven't received
my SVGA card yet but in preparation I conducted an experiment with my PC
using a DVI adapter. I connected the VGA output of the PC to the DVI input
of the monitor using a DVI adapter on the end of the VGA cable. The monitor
won't recognize the analog signal on the DVI input.

So here's what I did. My PC has both a VGA and a DVI output. I used the VGA
output from the PC to drive the primary monitor. I then used the DVI output
from the PC to drive the secondary monitor. I then put a VGA cable on the
other input to the secondary monitor and have it in position to attach to
the P3 as soon as UPS drops off the card. I only use the secondary monitor
to display the VE7CC cluster program and there is a front mounted button on
the monitor to switch between the two inputs.

If your PC has a VGA and DVI output you can do exactly what I did with your
single monitor.

The only difficulties incurred were trying to get the PC display program to
properly identify monitor number 1 and monitor number 2. I fiddled with it
for quite a while but I don't remember what I did to get it right. You
should have no problem with only one monitor.

(As an aside, you can get very inexpensive DVI adapters in all of the
various formats on eBay by way of China or other Asian destinations).
Usually for under $3.00 including shipping).

73,
Mike K2MK

Joe Ford-2 wrote