Just had a quick look at Tigerdirect (Canadian version) and they had
plenty of adapters that were under $20    all with VGA  some with DVI-d
and DVI-I    none with DVI-a   at least for the ones that showed the
connector in the photo.   also many of these also had HDMI as well.
these were PC express   there was also some agp cards that had DVI-I
for just over $30    still cheaper than a monitor.  based on this you
should be able to easily find one at your local computer store that will
work for you.  I am sure I have one or two AGP cards in my junk box.
if your DVI cable is DVI-D  it will fit the DVI-I and will work for
digital input.