From: "Bruce Beford" <bruce.bef...@myfairpoint.net>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 6:09:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] P3SVGA 1920x1080

I installed the P3SVGA board in my unit yesterday. On mine, it also does not
display properly in 1920x1080. I have an Acer H243H monitor. It natively
supports "Full HD", 1920x1080p. When I set the P3 SVGA output to 1920x1080,
the monitor confirms that it has switched to that resolution. However, the
P3 image appears to extend off the right of the screen. That is to say, the
full span to the right is not displayed. The vertical span is fine. There
also appear to be small white dots moving horizontally through the spectrum
portion of the display, as if the display is "wrapping" somehow. (This is no
doubt an inaccurate description, but the best I can do. I have tried
reloading all firmware (1.12) and FPGA files to no effect.

Note that the monitor displays my PCs output at 1920x1080 using the DVI
(rather than VGA) input with no problems, so I know the monitor is capable.

For now, I am running at 1440x900 from the P3 with no problems.

73,
Bruce, N1RX