Chris,

I don't think you will get any smoke, but if you get "strange
happenings" - like the KPA100 is not recognized, or doesn't give a
response back to the K2 in sufficient time (command flow over the
AUXBUS) and things get "mixed up" or you get ERR 080, the cure will be
to shorten the cable.

73,
Don W3FPR