Message: 1
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:12:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: Lee Buller <k...@swbell.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] Soliticing Comments on the P3
To: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>

I am very interested in the P3 to add to my K3.  But, I give pause as to the
usefulness of this device.  Although the cool factor is high...I wonder if it
worth the dollars.  Of course in ham radio...dollars are not rare, never come
into consideration, and they grow on trees.

I answered Lee offline, but for the benefit of others pondering this same
question, I have this almost short comment:

Yeah, I used to say "what would I ever need one of those for. And what is the
big-deal about a water-fall?"

One thing led to another and I bought a P3.  I don't know how I ever did
without it. I told Lee many reasons for this, but I forgot to tell him they are
great for contesting. The small size is convenient for me and adequate as well.

IMHO, to have a P3 is a good reason to buy a K3.  I appreciate that it's not
computer dependent (even though I have not been without a computer since the
mid-seventies).

Richard Fjeld, n0ce
rpfj...@embarqmail.com
I'd rather be learning.