Use Larry's N8LP LP-Bridge to intermediate:
http://www.telepostinc.com/LPB.html

I had been using it prior to getting my P3, so I could share HRD or N1MM
with the PowerSDR/IF program and Larry's LP-Pan, and never had any AGC
issues with the K3.

When I dropped usage of Larry's LP-Pan for the P3, I tried running HRD
'bare' with the K3, and found pretty quickly that was a no-go.

I found that if I launch LP-Bridge first, then connect HRD via
LP-Bridge, I haven't had any issues.  LP-Bridge caches the K3 state and
hands it out to all comers, including HRD.  Apparently, LP-Bridge is not
fazed by HRD's manhandling.

I tried to discuss HRD's fast polling rate on a local repeater one day
after week, and was essentially told to go pound sand.  There seems to
be a *lot* of HRD apologists out there...

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE